Sunday, June 7, 2015

Dreamers Far Away

Dreamers far away

Some place far and foreign my lover sleeps
She dreams, she dreams…
An unfathomable sea separates us.
I stand on a distant shore and wonder
Is she crying? Is she weeping
The tears which fill that sea?
Is she mourning? Is she grieving
For the death of her dream?

Can I help her?
Can I comfort her?
Does it matter what I say
To a strange girl I met one fateful day
And took affection to in a special way?

Some place far and foreign my lover wakes
The gulf between us widens.
I lie on my bed and wonder
Is she thinking of me?
Is she trying to forget?
Is she afraid of me?
Is she going to reply back?
And I sleep and dream…

Alone on my grey shingle shore
Cowered by the cold, howling, shrieking wind
Intimidated by the monstrous crashing surf,
I am bending down to pick up the shingles
And hurling them into that dark unfathomable sea.
Trying to bridge the ocean that separates us,
Trying to fill the vast chasm with small pebbles.
Yauming Chiam Winter 2013

No comments: