Friday, July 12, 2013

Bridging the Sea of Tears Draft 2

Some place far and foreign my lover sleeps
She dreams, she dreams
An unfathomable sea separate us
I stand on a distant shore and wonder

Is she lying, is she rising, is she weeping the
tears which fill that sea?
Is she crying? is she mourning?
for the death of her dream?

Can I help her? Can I comfort her?
Does it matter what I say
To a strange lovely girl I met one fateful day.
And took a fancy to in a special way



From my shore littered with grey shingles
Tormented by a cold scathing wind
I am hurling the pebbles into that dark grey sea
Trying to bridge that salty body of water.
A naive boy thinking he can fill up that saline chasm
with pebbles...
with small pebbles he gathered from his beach.
What a silly boy to dream.

 Yauming Chiam July/September, 2013

A work in progress. Still not happy about the 2nd last part.

No comments: