Monday, July 15, 2013

Walk Away with Me

The road is long
My burden is heavy
I pray but I'm talking to the air
The ancient map we have is flawed
It makes no sense

But my bitter companions push on
I walk in silence afraid to speak
My complaints are answered with platitudes
It makes no sense

I close my eyes but the questions never stop muttering
We took a wrong turn again
But they do not stop
I try and argue but they laugh; is this a joke?
It makes no sense

I cannot go on.
I cannot.
Then as we pass a shadowy overhang
I slip away.
And find you

Take me away you say.
Walk with me in this field of green
Hold my hand
And share the sunset with me

I feel you close to my heart
But you look away with a smile.
You look beautiful in the twilight my love
But you already knew that.

Yauming Chiam June 2013

I'm fed of going to churches where they preach a gospel so devoid of life and bear no relation at all to the real world. I'm fed of going to churches where they seem to be brain dead and spouting biblical cliches as truths. I wrote this poem because of this new realization - that I don't want to go to a church which worships tradition and a book over a real God.

No comments: