Monday, August 19, 2013

I met a Muse back in May

I met a Muse back in the Month of May
She caused my heart to sing in a wondrous way
It grew wings and flew and soared
But my delight terrified her
So she ran away.


Like Icarus I came too close to the sun
I felt the heat it kept me warm
But like a fool I flew closer.

For a moment my feet were not bound to clay
For a brief moment I touched the sun's rays
Briefly.
And now she's gone.

I wish I didn't like her so much
I wish she irritated the hell out of me
I wish her voice, her laughter, her sheer presence annoyed me instead of bringing me delight.
I wish that I had not grown to like her pretty face
I wish her presence didn't give me increasing joy
I wish she had given me another chance
I wish she would come back to me

But like a moth clawing at the flame
You know the answer
It is always the same.

 YMC Monday 24th August 2013.3rd draft.

No comments: