Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Walk Away with me Draft 2

The road is long
My burden is heavy
I speak but I might as well be talking to the air
The ancient map we have is flawed
It makes no sense

But my cruel companions push on
I walk in silence afraid to speak
It makes no sense
My complaints are answered with platitudes
It makes no sense

I close my eyes but the questions never stop muttering
It makes no sense
We took a wrong turn again
But we don't stop

I try and argue but they laugh
Is this a joke?
It makes no sense
I cannot go on. I cannot.

My religion does not make sense
I cannot subscribe to beliefs I do not believe in

I will not carry on walking with people who believe in such things.
I do not worship a book
I worship a living God
I must get out NOW.

Then as we pass a shadowy overhang
I slip away.


And find you in the darkness.
We've never met yet it seems we have known each other forever

We walk and I hold your hand
And we share the sunset together.

I feel you touch my heart
It glows slowly then burns brighter than the sun
But you look away with a smile.
You look beautiful in the twilight
But you already knew that.

The darkness fallsYour smile fades
And I lose sight of you.
I call out your name but you do not reply
The blackness of the night shrouds my sight
In silence I wait for the dawn
YMC June/August 2013

No comments: